Goldfields Management has a moral and legal obligation to safeguard and protect its employees, staff and visitors against injury, diseases as well as risks to Health & Safety within the workshops and grounds of the facility known, and referred to as Goldfields Management (Pty) Limited.
The Occupational Health and Safety Act places the legal onus for Occupational Health & Safety upon myself as Managing Director of Goldfields Management.
In turn, this is now formally delegated in terms of section 16.2 of the Act to Factory Manager Production Managers, Factory Foreman, Directors, Heads of Departments, support staff and all employee bodies who are charged with compliance and required to ensure that all legal duties are effectively discharged. Goldfields Management, therefore, aims to:
- provide and maintain a safe work environment by implementing structures and programs to ensure that hazards to Health and Safety are identified in a systematic manner and timeously actioned
- provide the fire prevention and safety training to all staff
- comply with the requirements of the Occupational Health & Safety Act of 1993
- take a proactive stance on environment matters
- ensure that contractors undertake their duties in a safe and responsible manner to ensure the above, Goldfields Management requires management at all skilled and non-skilled levels to accept responsibility for this, and to ensure full legal compliance in their areas of responsibility as a condition of employment.
Goldfields Management requires all staff to adhere to all safe work standards and procedures and to:
- identify, eliminate or control all unsafe acts and conditions
- operate and use equipment and vehicles in such a way that their safety and that of others is ensured
- maintain and use safety equipment where prescribed, or where necessary adhere to all legal requirements and all other regulations relating to safety.